How does it work?
Label release liners can be de-siliconized and recycled into pulp and paper thanks to RafCycle. The company is able to utilize its extensive collection network to facilitate cost-effective release liner recycling. They offer closed-loop solutions where the recycled content is used for new label materials or other paper products.
Here’s how it works, step by step:
- RafCycle recycling service collects label release liner waste at our headquarters in Hemiksem.
- Their partner processes the release liner into recycled pulp or plastics.
- Their raw materials supply partner makes new release liner stock from the post-consumer recycled (PCR) containing recycled materials.
- They manufacture FSC™-certified (FSC C012530) laminate and PET or glassine release liner utilizing the recycled face and release stock, creating new label material from waste.
- This liner will be used for new labels, which will be used at our headquarters in Hemiksem.
Who is RafCycle?
One of the world’s leading suppliers of label materials, RafCycle™ by UPM Raflatac creates high-performing labelling materials for branding and promotion, informational labels, and labels with functionality. For Wolf Oil Corporation, it will provide a hands-on, circular recycling solution with a positive climate impact. With more than 250 partners worldwide, we are convinced that RafCycle is our best partner for a smarter, sustainable future.
Bjorn Van Dyck, HSE Coordinator has been looking forward to the launch of this partnership: "Thanks to the partnership with RafCycle, we are able to significantly reduce the amount of residual waste, one of the goals outlined in our environmental action plan for this year. Moreover, thanks to collection and recycling option provided by RafCycle, we are also contributing to a circular economy. The launch of this project was received with great enthusiasm and we have noticed a real culture of change among our colleagues. It is great to be able to follow up on such a promising project!"